Chemical Dosing - All For Reef vs. Calcium & Alkalinity

John Molloy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing All For Reef with an Apex dosing system. It is an all in one solution. My Ph still drops requiring me to boost it. Has anyone used All For Reef?

I was considering stopping and switching to dual dosing Calcium and Alkalinity. Would I then have to manually add Magnesium? Any advice or opinions would be helpful.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing All For Reef with an Apex dosing system. It is an all in one solution. My Ph still drops requiring me to boost it. Has anyone used All For Reef?

I was considering stopping and switching to dual dosing Calcium and Alkalinity. Would I then have to manually add Magnesium? Any advice or opinions would be helpful.
My personal recommendation is to not do any dosing based on pH. Your system pH is a function of alkalinity and CO2. You should be dosing to maintain a constant alkalinity. Any adjustments to pH should be done by controlling CO2 content of the water.

But yes, if you start dosing Calc and Alk separately you would add magnesium separately. You can even use an alk additive that will create a temporary pH boost similar to Kalkwasser.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back