KH Keeper Plus with automatic All For Reef dosing

Boosterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to buy a KH Keeper Plus to keep my alkalinity stable. Is there a way to dose All For Reef based on the test result?
I'm currently using Apex DOS to dose a constant amount of All For Reef daily but would like to automatically change the dosing amount based on the tested KH value.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to buy a KH Keeper Plus to keep my alkalinity stable. Is there a way to dose All For Reef based on the test result?
I'm currently using Apex DOS to dose a constant amount of All For Reef daily but would like to automatically change the dosing amount based on the tested KH value.
It’s not advised to use the automatic dosing schedule with all for reef as the results are delayed… it’s better to manually adjust your dose off readings and tests.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have used All for reef automatic dosing with the Alkatronic alone, Alkatronic plus Dosetronic and now KH Keeper Plus using X4 doser. I agree that the results are delayed, but was always within .2 dkh.

OP
OP
Boosterman

Boosterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used All for reef automatic dosing with the Alkatronic alone, Alkatronic plus Dosetronic and now KH Keeper Plus using X4 doser. I agree that the results are delayed, but was always within .2 dkh.
Great. Glad to know that it works with the X4 doser. Thanks for your input.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes it works great….you set up actions on the dosing pump and it adjusts dosing to your set dkh.

Biggie&Dinkles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would be best dosing a set amount of All-for-reef each day (maybe 2/3rds your daily dKH consumption?), then the balance of alkalinity with a different product in doser controlled by your tester.

All-for-reef won't raise alkalinity immediately, bacteria first need to eat/metabolise the organic components in it. The time delay would make the system unstable in terms of process control

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would be best dosing a set amount of All-for-reef each day (maybe 2/3rds your daily dKH consumption?), then the balance of alkalinity with a different product in doser controlled by your tester.

All-for-reef won't raise alkalinity immediately, bacteria first need to eat/metabolise the organic components in it. The time delay would make the system unstable in terms of process control
Yes exactly.

You can use a doser x4, using one doser head for afr set to about 70% of Alk consumption, and then do 3 part dosing with the other 3 heads.

That's how I ran my tank for a while.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back