Chemiclean Dip???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nick Rose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nick Rose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2018
Messages
454
Reaction score
208
Location
San Mateo, Ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had read some where that you could do a chemiclean dip for SPS that were STNing. Has anyone done this and how much chemiclean do you put in let’s say 400ml of tank water and for how long?
 
I have not heard of this but let see if a few old stick heads have any ideas. I personally have had good success with melafix and I think there is a sticky for dips in the sps section of the forums.

@jda @Silent @bubbaque have any of y’all ever heard of doing this?
 
I have heard of it being used to treat zoas. They seem to use it at the recommended dose. Some treat the whole tank if they have big rocks with zoas, others dip zoa frags but still at the recommended rate.
It is a bacterial treatment so anything fleshy that you might suspect of having bacterial issues could potentially be helped from that product.
You can search this forum and find many threads of zoas seemingly closing for no reason and chemiclean perking them up. Here is just one example.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/chemiclean-acros.681281/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new