Chemiclean

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is chemiclean for pest / disease treatment? I lost 2 meat coral... they were doing fine for a month and now all of sudden turned to skeleton. It was kept under shaded area and very low flow area.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Chemiclean isn’t used as a disease treatment.

These corals are pretty resistant to bacterial infections. Please post parameters and fish stocking list. If your lights were already very dim, it’s possible it starved from being in the shade.

OP
OP
R

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Chemiclean isn’t used as a disease treatment.

These corals are pretty resistant to bacterial infections. Please post parameters and fish stocking list. If your lights were already very dim, it’s possible it starved from being in the shade.
Salinity 1.025.
Alk 8.8dkh
Cal 475
Mag 1500
N03 - 6
P04- 0.1

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people over the years have tried chemiclean as a general infection treatment when they had some on hand and reasoned "it's an antibiotic so maybe?" I've heard very very few success stories from those attempts.
So I would use something with higher success rate for coral infections (dip of some sort) if it were me.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used ChemiClean on my carpet/nem/mixed tank a few months ago to get rid of Cyano. Things stabilized after a week - did not lose any corals / inverts. Read the instructions - skim out the rest of the chemicals when done and do a WC/two.

MrMaTTpaT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is chemiclean for pest / disease treatment? I lost 2 meat coral... they were doing fine for a month and now all of sudden turned to skeleton. It was kept under shaded area and very low flow area.
i dont know if this helps, but my frogspawn isnt doing too well and someone recommended me chemiclean, is that a similar reason as to why youre asking if its for disease treatment?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back