Chemiclean

Jim Heenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Just did a Chemiclean treatment last Wednesday. I also did the recommended water change after 48 hours. I still can't turn on my skimmer, because it foams ups too much. Do I have to do another water change? or in time, will I be able to run the protein skimmer again? Thanks in advance.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Just did a Chemiclean treatment last Wednesday. I also did the recommended water change after 48 hours. I still can't turn on my skimmer, because it foams ups too much. Do I have to do another water change? or in time, will I be able to run the protein skimmer again? Thanks in advance.
Anytime I have used Chemiclean, I run the skimmer afterwards, using the drain hose, allowing the skimmer cup to continuously overlow. I direct the overflow into a HOB carbon filter cartridge which I just lay into my sump. Within a day, the skimmer is normally back to normal.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Chemiclean three times in the 2 years my tank has been running. What I did the last time so the skimmer functions as it should was basically what was mentioned above. But to speed up the process, as the skimmer is draining into bucket I'm adding freshly mixed water as the level drops. I did this for about 20-30 min until it was operating normal again.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use some carbon and eventually, probably within a week or less, it will go back to normal. Also, you can raise your skimmer up in the sump (if you have that option) just put it on a little eggcrate or pvc stand. If you don't want to mess with it, it will eventually go back to normal.

OP
OP
Jim Heenan

Jim Heenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use some carbon and eventually, probably within a week or less, it will go back to normal. Also, you can raise your skimmer up in the sump (if you have that option) just put it on a little eggcrate or pvc stand. If you don't want to mess with it, it will eventually go back to normal.

I'll run carbon and give it some more time. Thanks!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 57 27.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back