Cherry bomb

  • Thread starter Thread starter Quoc Vu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I believe I saw a while back on his site that he was selling a coral he named as cherry bomb but clearly wasn’t TGC Cherry bomb, so that is what I think you got
 
There's a thread I was just reading through with people all growing out the same frags of the same coral, and coming back with all different looking coral at the end for just this reason.

Sometimes it's not even just the color, but the actual growth form of the skeleton itself.
Yep. And this same thing can happen when vendors all buy the same coral from wholesalers, grow them out in their systems, and name them different things. Sometimes what we assume are different varieties of coral are actually just the same piece being grown out by different vendors. For instance, POTO flamethrower and JF Frankies Neophobia. I wouldn't be surprised if these are actually the exact same coral. There are probably dozens of examples of this in the tenuis world. Hard, if not impossible, to prove either way. But, it's food for thought.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new