• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang..sorry to hear that financialreef.

I'm sure if needed shipping $ we all can chip in a little to get thing rolling again.

financialreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Hopefully it will be a short term thing. Let me know where to send some $ for shipping.

financialreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a cost breakdown of what each lot of acans cost each of us? Just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has it.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a cost breakdown of what each lot of acans cost each of us? Just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has it.

I myself dont have a breakdown, just what I paid in total.

******************************************** update ********************************************** :gossip:

I texted Tysen this morning asking about a potential ship date of 5-17 for a 5-18 delivery and he said that could work we just want to be sure everything has healed well.

I'm going to send a PM to Brannock for his ship to info and will update as I hear "new" news

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update-I have been texting Tysen and we are on for shipping everything but the all delight grow out to me this Thursday for a Friday delivery. I'll cover the shipping and we can sort it out later.

The Yuki seems to be helaing and looks like it'll pull through, just stressed out which means longer recovery time.

I'll update as needed-We are almost there!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No package showing tomorrow, shipping next tues or weds i was told-i'll update when i have something note worthy

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tysen said the package will ship this Wednesday and the all delight one will still need to be coordinated.
Hopefully next post from me is Thursday night with pics of the goods

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update as I am slammed and will be acclimating placing etc for the next hour or two.
All seems good from what I can tell, the water was cold so we will see but things do seem promising.

Just a teaser for now;

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lotta acans!!!!

No **** huh??

So everythng really looks good, we will see of course but I feel good about it. Some of these suckers are ready to frag and if you all want to pay for shipping more than once, twice etc. let me know and I can frag away. We can work out the details a little later once the dust settles

Here are 2 rushed pics, as time goes on over the weekend I'll post better ones-compared to a camera phone it will be an improvement.

I will say after all the nervousness and doubt I had things turned out pretty well. I really had doubts after taking off work on Friday of last week to find he did not ship, then on the day a ship getting a text saying there was an issue with shipping, then later his buddy got a flat tire, then I sent him 20.00 in Paypal to help with gas since he missed the deadline and had to drive to Idaho Falls.

Needless to say I was a bit aprehensive. Shipping ran just under 120.00 (12 pound package fedex next day priority) and the extra 20.00 I threw in for his gas (to keep things cool since he still needs to ship the last pack to Brannock) would put me about square for the last grow out that I needed to pony up for. If memory serves it was around 130.00 or so-Let me know if that sounds fair

Here are some quick ones-sorry for the blue tint;
IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, wow, wow! Those look freakin amazing!

Personally, I think it would probably be easier on you to do it in 2-3 different shipments. Once you start chopping you're gonna have a ton of frags!

Time for me to get a 2nd tank plumbed into my system with some T5's, not gonna risk these guys under LED's at this point.

Any idea how many total pieces we have at this point?

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 30 but there are ones that I dont have names for, meaning of the 4 group buys all of them (with names) are present except 3. I wrote down which had names on a sheet of paper and kept track of where they are on the frag rack. The ones I dont have written down are;
name under construction
?
rainbow suns

but I also have 3 that are not on the list;

Kernal Mustard
Malibu Beach
Cranberry Tort

I'll spend some time trying to sort it out tomorrow and I'll post who is in what grow out (for my sake) and I can determine roughly the polyp/head count.

I am done looking at acans for the night-:violin:

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back