Cherub Angel in a 32g?

Is a 32g cube large enough for a Cherub Angelfish?

• Total voters

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a 32g cube too small for a Cherub Angel? I love them but only want to own one if I can give them a good home. It would live with a Yellow Watchman Goby and a mated pair of Clowns.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m always hesitant to answer these types cause you never know what the current status quo is. last time I told someone they might have too many fish the silence was broken by crickets chirping...
I’d do it but skip the clowns, maybe a pair of shrimp gobies?

OP
OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m always hesitant to answer these types cause you never know what the current status quo is. last time I told someone they might have too many fish the silence was broken by crickets chirping...
I’d do it but skip the clowns, maybe a pair of shrimp gobies?
The clowns already live there haha, I could return them but if they can't coexist with the Cherub I'll just skip the Cherub. I'm rather attached to them now.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can coexist but the thing with clowns is few people actually know how big they can get.
A full grown clown can get about as big as a small angel really. They stunt somewhat in some tanks but they are actually sorta robust.
You got one of those AIO 32 cubes?

OP
OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can coexist but the thing with clowns is few people actually know how big they can get.
A full grown clown can get about as big as a small angel really. They stunt somewhat in some tanks but they are actually sorta robust.
You got one of those AIO 32 cubes?
Yes, I do. I'm thinking of upgrading to a larger system in June when I move though, probably a Red Sea 525 or maybe a tad bigger.

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be adding a pygmy angel as soon as my LFS gets one in. Just make sure it’s your last addition to the tank, and try to keep it well fed, with plenty of rockwork in the tank.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO it would be fine. They only get to 3.2” or so (8cm), they’re fairly active though so for bioload purposes I’d probably not add another active fish. You could consider adding a Shrimp and Goby Pair and a Royal Gramma for no more than 5 fish. The Gramma and Goby won’t add a lot of bioload.

Ideally I’d say a 40 breeder or even a 55 but IMO would be fine in your 32 as long as it’s the only active fish.

Back