Cherub's Red Sea Reefer XXL 625

Dr.HarlemTutu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the pictures here! Not sure what's up with MASC. looking great. I'm watching what those hydra's can do.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the pictures here! Not sure what's up with MASC. looking great. I'm watching what those hydra's can do.
Hey good to see you on here! Yeah not sure but they probably just need to upgrade something on MASC lol. I'm sure the Hydras ill be good. i had the pre HD ones and those were awesome at growing stuff. I'm guessing another month before I start popping coral in lol

Dr.HarlemTutu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey good to see you on here! Yeah not sure but they probably just need to upgrade something on MASC lol. I'm sure the Hydras ill be good. i had the pre HD ones and those were awesome at growing stuff. I'm guessing another month before I start popping coral in lol

I've got a friend with 4 of the small ones over a marineland 150DD. The colors and polyp extension is amazing. I'm a halide and t5 guy myself but led's are looking better and better. Thinking of doing 4 t5 and 3 hydra 52's on my next build.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my new clownfish today woot woot!
clowns.jpg

Following. Nice to see some Denver reefers in the building
Nice are you in MASC too?

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get those anthias in there yet?
nope not yet. I have 8 fish in there right now. i plan on posting a video soon. I asked someone to get me some anthias but he's dragging his feet about it. I have 2 bangaii cardinals, these were the initial cycling fish. 1 midas blenny, 1 tri color fairy wrasse, 1 flame wrasse, 2 grade A picasso clownfish and a diamond goby. I just added the goby and the water has been cloudy since ugh lol

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uploaded a video to show my new fish. The diamond goby didn't make the video since my tank has been cloudy ever since I got him...

Katieandjon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Denvercherub! How's it going?

The tank is looking great!

Ours arrived on Friday (thread here if you're interested - Katie & Jon's Red Sea Reefer 625

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...Jon's-Red-Sea-Reefer-625.814371/&share_type=t)

Could I ask you a quick question if you don't mind please?

Did you have trouble getting the middle pipe down from the weir to clip into that clip on the right hand side of the cabinet. We found it's almost like the holes are drilled a couple of mm out of place. Only way we could get it to clip in meant the pipe screwed onto the downpipe wonky and the thread wasn't aligned?

23d1f45381580f5c77e137857c3ee035.jpg

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Denvercherub! How's it going?

The tank is looking great!

Ours arrived on Friday (thread here if you're interested - Katie & Jon's Red Sea Reefer 625

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=990314&share_tid=814371&url=http://www.ultimatereef.net/index.php?threads/Katie-&-Jon's-Red-Sea-Reefer-625.814371/&share_type=t)

Could I ask you a quick question if you don't mind please?

Did you have trouble getting the middle pipe down from the weir to clip into that clip on the right hand side of the cabinet. We found it's almost like the holes are drilled a couple of mm out of place. Only way we could get it to clip in meant the pipe screwed onto the downpipe wonky and the thread wasn't aligned?

23d1f45381580f5c77e137857c3ee035.jpg

so sorry for the delay! I forgot about this post, I read it in bed on a tablet. I had my aquarium built so i have no idea what happened with that. I can take a picture if you need. Your sump came with nice cups! Mine came with screen socks.

Katieandjon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, no worries.

We've worked it out now. We made a silly mistake when building it! When we put the tank on the stand we lined up the front of the tank with the front of the stand, although did think it was a bit strange the back glass overhung the back of the tank. What we didn't account for was the fact the doors weren't on, so the whole tank was sitting about 15mm too far back on the stand which meant the pipes didn't align! Tank moved and all working perfectly now!

Oh we didn't get the cups with the tank, we bought them separately as I can't be doing with washing filter socks all the time. We'll just put floss in them and change it out when needed.

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, no worries.

We've worked it out now. We made a silly mistake when building it! When we put the tank on the stand we lined up the front of the tank with the front of the stand, although did think it was a bit strange the back glass overhung the back of the tank. What we didn't account for was the fact the doors weren't on, so the whole tank was sitting about 15mm too far back on the stand which meant the pipes didn't align! Tank moved and all working perfectly now!

Oh we didn't get the cups with the tank, we bought them separately as I can't be doing with washing filter socks all the time. We'll just put floss in them and change it out when needed.
Cool, glad you got that figured out. Sorry for my delay! That's a nice find for the filters, do you have a link for where you got them?

Katieandjon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back