OP
OP
Chasmodes

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha, a progression video would be cool. Your videography skills are better than mine. Can you take multiple videos and meld it into one progression video? I like how you add text in your videos also, I don't have a clue how you do that!

I use my iPhone for pretty much all of my video creating. I'm sure there are lots of apps out there, but I use iMovie. You can bring in multiple videos or pictures, insert text, etc. It's pretty easy to use, I think. If you have a droid, then there may be their version of the same app on your phone. Basically, in the app, you create a movie project, and then when you're finished, you can save it to your photos/videos. You have to make sure that you have storage enough to save it. That way, if you have a goal in mind for your video, you can plan it out and shoot segments, etc.

If you use a GoPro, then they have software for that stuff too, and export that to your photos. From there, you can bring that video into iMovie.

If I have to do a voice over, iMovie can't do that (as far as I know), so I use Rush (an Adobe product), but there are other apps as well.

So, for a progression video, I'd have to use pictures to start with, then use voice over or text to explain, because I deleted a lot of my original videos off of my phone to make room for new ones. I'm like a pack rat, save everything LOL.

BTW, I finish up my videos on my PC, because in YT on your PC, there are more options to choose from than the phone app, like adding a thumbnail. You can make your own thumbnails. I used to use Paint, but now there is an app that I use, I think it's Thumbnail Maker free version. I create the thumbnail on my phone then email it to myself so I can get it on my PC. I haven't figured out how to add thumbnails using just my phone. Plus, it's easier to type descriptions and stuff on my PC.

OP
OP
Chasmodes

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update to the Chesapeake Bay Biotope Oyster Reef Aquarium... I added some new critters in the tank, most notably sea squirts (Mogula manhattensis), some of which were attached to a beer bottle. I guess it wouldn't be a complete Chesapeake theme if it didn't have a beer bottle in it. Well, fish hide in them and critters grow on them, so...there ya go. I added it to the tank. Also, about half way in on the video, I play a prank on a mud crab, not so much a prank, but do something to demonstrate their behavior. Enjoy!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always love seeing your highlights, Kevin! Thanks again for letting us follow along with this amazing tank!

OP
OP
Chasmodes

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always love seeing your highlights, Kevin! Thanks again for letting us follow along with this amazing tank!
Thank you so much for following along. I know that it's a niche type of thing and not really the traditional reef, but many of the principles are the same. It's been a lot of fun. I'm so happy to share and know that you enjoy the tank!

@Chasmodes just found your thread and read all the way through, love the tank and documentation of your work and care for your critters.
Cheers and following :)
Thank you so much! I appreciate the wonderful comment here and on YT. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the thread. It's taken a long time to get to this point. I have more to do, but the pressure of the final build is finally past. The rest is just gravy :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back