OP
OP
Chasmodes

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha, a progression video would be cool. Your videography skills are better than mine. Can you take multiple videos and meld it into one progression video? I like how you add text in your videos also, I don't have a clue how you do that!

I use my iPhone for pretty much all of my video creating. I'm sure there are lots of apps out there, but I use iMovie. You can bring in multiple videos or pictures, insert text, etc. It's pretty easy to use, I think. If you have a droid, then there may be their version of the same app on your phone. Basically, in the app, you create a movie project, and then when you're finished, you can save it to your photos/videos. You have to make sure that you have storage enough to save it. That way, if you have a goal in mind for your video, you can plan it out and shoot segments, etc.

If you use a GoPro, then they have software for that stuff too, and export that to your photos. From there, you can bring that video into iMovie.

If I have to do a voice over, iMovie can't do that (as far as I know), so I use Rush (an Adobe product), but there are other apps as well.

So, for a progression video, I'd have to use pictures to start with, then use voice over or text to explain, because I deleted a lot of my original videos off of my phone to make room for new ones. I'm like a pack rat, save everything LOL.

BTW, I finish up my videos on my PC, because in YT on your PC, there are more options to choose from than the phone app, like adding a thumbnail. You can make your own thumbnails. I used to use Paint, but now there is an app that I use, I think it's Thumbnail Maker free version. I create the thumbnail on my phone then email it to myself so I can get it on my PC. I haven't figured out how to add thumbnails using just my phone. Plus, it's easier to type descriptions and stuff on my PC.

OP
OP
Chasmodes

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update to the Chesapeake Bay Biotope Oyster Reef Aquarium... I added some new critters in the tank, most notably sea squirts (Mogula manhattensis), some of which were attached to a beer bottle. I guess it wouldn't be a complete Chesapeake theme if it didn't have a beer bottle in it. Well, fish hide in them and critters grow on them, so...there ya go. I added it to the tank. Also, about half way in on the video, I play a prank on a mud crab, not so much a prank, but do something to demonstrate their behavior. Enjoy!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always love seeing your highlights, Kevin! Thanks again for letting us follow along with this amazing tank!

OP
OP
Chasmodes

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always love seeing your highlights, Kevin! Thanks again for letting us follow along with this amazing tank!
Thank you so much for following along. I know that it's a niche type of thing and not really the traditional reef, but many of the principles are the same. It's been a lot of fun. I'm so happy to share and know that you enjoy the tank!

@Chasmodes just found your thread and read all the way through, love the tank and documentation of your work and care for your critters.
Cheers and following :)
Thank you so much! I appreciate the wonderful comment here and on YT. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the thread. It's taken a long time to get to this point. I have more to do, but the pressure of the final build is finally past. The rest is just gravy :)

I.love.blennies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin,

I used to watch your YT videos, and I just found this thread. I started on page 1 and read all the way through it. For the past few years, I have been keeping a very similar tank. I live on the Kiawah River in South Carolina. I keep the 4 main species of blenny (feather, crested, freckled, and striped). They all breed in my tanks. I have been experimenting with raising the fry. Everything in my tank comes from a local estuary. For food, I shuck oysters and feed them to the tank. one big oyster will feed a few blennies. they grow like crazy on them, which is fine with me because they are really cool when they get huge.

I also have a planehead filefish that we brought in as a baby and is now pushing 6 inches. Same with an Atlantic spadefish. I have stopped keeping the gobies as they just don't interest me as much as the blennies. I have the same worms etc from the oyster clusters. I also have a few pipefish that are very amusing.

The tank is a biocube 32 with the back wall removed and a 407 canister filter added. I can post pictures or videos if you're interested! Here is a video from a while ago before I removed the back wall. This is our feather blenny "dragonan" hunting in the ulva intestinalis on the back wall. Please excuse that the water is filthy. The stock biocube 32 does not have adequate filtration for this kind of aquarium. That's why I removed the wall and went with the external filter...

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back