Chloroquine phosphate

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Homie, you use blue buckets to QT your fish? ;) Petco $ per gal sale, and you won't have to always look above just to see them.

That means that I will have to build more stands
One of my BBQ LOL

c2cb61138d7fc7e25b3385e084d7ae94.jpg

Last edited:

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we need to keep a seperate tank for treating with copper?

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys know if the SeaChem badges are reuseable? In other words, if I take down my QT after using the badge for a couple months can it dry out and be used again later?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So small qt? How do u qt tangs?

What is small about it 20g. Right now I have a powder brown in the next bucket. All my tangs and angels got qt'ed the same way. In the video you can see for yourself and those I qt'ed for a good friend of mine.

Quah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure if overdosed it probably is but that goes for just about anything.
I've been lead to believe that even a small amount of Copper used for treatment is still considered detrimental to fish health even at "safe" levels and of course toxic at higher levels - I was wondering if CP is just naturally toxic or just toxic when overdosed (Im not anti copper - just trying to understand it a little better).

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lead to believe that even a small amount of Copper used for treatment is still considered detrimental to fish health even at "safe" levels and of course toxic at higher levels - I was wondering if CP is just naturally toxic or just toxic when overdosed (Im not anti copper - just trying to understand it a little better).

I haven't heard anything that suggests it is but I'm no expert by any means. @Humblefish on the other hand is.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys know if the SeaChem badges are reuseable? In other words, if I take down my QT after using the badge for a couple months can it dry out and be used again later?

They are good for one year. I pour some RODI over mine when I'm done with it and then let it sit out to dry. Don't use any cleaners on the thing, not even vinegar.

Is CP toxic to fish like Copper is?
Yes, but the toxicity level of CP is as-of-yet unknown. I've treated fish at 80mg/gal (twice the standard dosage) and the only side effect I noticed was some appetite suppression. Do that with copper, and you'll wake up to a QT full of dead fish. ;)

Copper is a poison, pure & simple. The only reason it works is because most fish can survive longer in it than the parasites. ;) CP is an actual medication, that is one of the advantages it has over copper. I highly recommend raising copper slowly (unless faced with an emergency like velvet) and never exceeding the maximum therapeutic dosage with copper.

ImGood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the chloroquine need to be dissolved in fresh water before being added to salt, or can it be dissolved in salt with no issues?just going to start the manderin & gobies On cp now.

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is small about it 20g. Right now I have a powder brown in the next bucket. All my tangs and angels got qt'ed the same way. In the video you can see for yourself and those I qt'ed for a good friend of mine.
Oh 20g is good enough, however iv read that the longer the better. I jus got my qt, 24x12x12.

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, if the qt is dosed with cp, for treating clowns, can it be removed 100% using carbon and can copper be dosed for treating wrasse? Or do i need 2 seperate tanks

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh 20g is good enough, however iv read that the longer the better. I jus got my qt, 24x12x12.

Thats a nice size qt. I never had a problem QT'ing in them if the fish is two big to go in with the others I put him or him by themselves in one. Like now I have qt1:pintail,temminckii and hybrid scopas
Qt2: powder brown needs more attention. Already eating blackworms pellets and LRS

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back