Chloroquine phosphate

Salt1823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP is the correct course of action if these fish have ich/velvet. (Looks like the latter to me.)

Is the discoloration on the C. kleini red at all??
Here is a pic of 1 of the c.kleini who unfortunately just died. Has frayed fins also. Thank you so much for your time and advice!

20181001_214550.jpg

ryan quave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - is it normal to have algae grow in a tank with CP - I though it’s an algaecide. I never really had much algae grow in the QT until now [emoji848]
Just about to ask the same thing my last qt set up with 45mg/g is gowing green film like crazy never had this happen before. Does cp go bad/ lose is potency in a bottle? I had this bottle for about 3 years

ryan quave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now with velvet whole new approach. This is first time I have dealt with velvet. Should I add antibiotics? I have Furan 2, kanaplex, sulfaplex, general cure and metro on hand.

20181001_055643.jpg

20181001_055634.jpg
I allways dose some metro on new fish to treat for flukes and internal. Gc works well with cp and if you see signs of infection metro+ kanaplex is good to use

Salt1823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you use an air stone with cp or will it absorb it? I have hope for the longnose & the remaining kleini butterfly. Both are still eating well. After reading all of @Humblefish post I decided to leave them in 60 of cp. I am going to start metro with kanaplex. The kleini butterfly that died had ragged fins.

Gregorjw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you use an air stone with cp or will it absorb it? I have hope for the longnose & the remaining kleini butterfly. Both are still eating well. After reading all of @Humblefish post I decided to leave them in 60 of cp. I am going to start metro with kanaplex. The kleini butterfly that died had ragged fins.
I'm no expert, but as far as I know there is no problem, in fact I think it is recommended especially if you are using any other medications

andys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready for my first CP treatment. So 70 gallons calls for 2800 milligrams which is 2.8 grams ? Correct ? Secondly is it safe to CP triggerfish
Thanks

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I started a new QT and added new seachem matrix while I added turbostart to help quickly establish a bio filter, is it safe to assume it will absorb some CP and potentially drop it below therapeutic levels?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really don't have any hard data on CP but from what I know about copper and applying the same on CP and just to be on the safe side let's assume it does absorb little bit. I think if you started with 40mg/gal you will be safe and still within therapeutic range.
I have successfully cured fish as low as 20 mg per gallon.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if I can use Furan-2 along with Chloroquine Phosphate?
I wanted to dose the Furan-2 towards the end effectiveness of the CP (21 days) without taking the CP out.

TIA

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if I can use Furan-2 along with Chloroquine Phosphate?
I wanted to dose the Furan-2 towards the end effectiveness of the CP (21 days) without taking the CP out.

TIA

Yes you can use POWDER praziquantel, metro and antibiotics with CP.

CP Compatible with:
Praziquantil - YES (the known interaction has to do with cytochrome P450 in the first pass, hepatic metabolism of praziquantil and is not relevant when treating in bath formulation)
Amquel - YES
Prime - YES
Nitrofurazone (furan II) - YES
UV light - NO
Dimilin - YES
Copper - MAYBE (evidence exists that it my be synergistic)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/chloroquine-phosphate.192309/

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous posts suggest that CP may be ok to use with fairy wrasses. Is this still felt to be the case? I just got a C. isosceles that I'd rather use CP than copper with, if reasonable to do so.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous posts suggest that CP may be ok to use with fairy wrasses. Is this still felt to be the case? I just got a C. isosceles that I'd rather use CP than copper with, if reasonable to do so.

Yes, I’ve used CP many times on that particular species.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pintail currently in CP for the past 20 days and it's fine. Also a couple of Fairy and the non-recommended 6-line + Mystery.

MiniNina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the best way to QT pipefish and seahorses. i have reef tanks and i treat all my fish with chloroquine phosphate for 30 days, then 2 weeks of prazi pro, and i feed them frozen food with metroplex and kanaplex. Will this work with pipefish and erectus seahorses?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the best way to QT pipefish and seahorses. i have reef tanks and i treat all my fish with chloroquine phosphate for 30 days, then 2 weeks of prazi pro, and i feed them frozen food with metroplex and kanaplex. Will this work with pipefish and erectus seahorses?

There hasn’t been enough testing with Chloroquine to determine whether or not seahorses/pipefish can safely handle it.

Tliguors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a hard time getting a script from a vet. They claim the state law doesn’t allow them to prescribe anything unless the examine the animal and they arnt “fish doctors”. Which is hard to bring a fish to the vet.

Is there someplace I can buy it online without a script ?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back