Chloroquine phosphate

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the concencsus for CP with fathead Anthias and leopard wrasses? Relatively safe or are these guys on the no-no list?

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity - can you you use peroxide with CP? I heard peroxide can make the ich fall off the fish. I have a fish in QT covered with ich and thought that might be useful for relief instead of waiting for it to fall off

Angryminer_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity - can you you use peroxide with CP? I heard peroxide can make the ich fall off the fish. I have a fish in QT covered with ich and thought that might be useful for relief instead of waiting for it to fall off
Not sure what everyone’s experience has been but my flame angels came off the day i dosed the cp. It was just a few spots but I was still impressed.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I dont know if peroxide can be used with cp. I would not use it.

You would be better off doing a fw dip, acrivlavine dip or both.

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I treated 4 different types of leopard wrasses and made it out to the other side, but others have not been so fortunate. CP and wrasses just seems to be spotty. It really has not worked out by the numbers for me with fairy wrasses and CP, so I only use copper for them now.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I treated 4 different types of leopard wrasses and made it out to the other side, but others have not been so fortunate. CP and wrasses just seems to be spotty. It really has not worked out by the numbers for me with fairy wrasses and CP, so I only use copper for them now.

The only fairy wrasse I put through CP QT was a Pintail that I tried recently, and it did splendidly (huh, see what I did there?) It's been a happy healthy fish in the DT for a couple of weeks now. :)

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did it work? i bought some from them but after 30 days 2 fish got ich

I personally went back to copper after my last batch of CP. It did not seem as potent. I can’t get a vet script so I cut my losses and went back to copper power + Hanna checker

Tliguors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did it work? i bought some from them but after 30 days 2 fish got ich
I ended up just letting the ick shield stuff run it’s course but when it was done I had a bad breakout of some type of bacterial infection that finished off most of my fish. I just bought a deep blue 80 gallon frag tank I am going to use as a future quarantine. Where I will try the cp I got from fish pharm.

I haven’t seen any signs of ich just yet but I just finished the furon-2 treatment. I will monitor for a few weeks before anything new is purchased and quarantined. This will give me time to get my quarantine set up. If the stress of the bacterial infection didn’t spark a new outbreak I might just be finally out of the woods. I’ll keep you updated.

Are you sure you kept it as therapeutic levels ? I know there is no test for it so that makes things difficult. Lol

sscg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up just letting the ick shield stuff run it’s course but when it was done I had a bad breakout of some type of bacterial infection that finished off most of my fish. I just bought a deep blue 80 gallon frag tank I am going to use as a future quarantine. Where I will try the cp I got from fish pharm.

I haven’t seen any signs of ich just yet but I just finished the furon-2 treatment. I will monitor for a few weeks before anything new is purchased and quarantined. This will give me time to get my quarantine set up. If the stress of the bacterial infection didn’t spark a new outbreak I might just be finally out of the woods. I’ll keep you updated.

Are you sure you kept it as therapeutic levels ? I know there is no test for it so that makes things difficult. Lol

yes 60mg per gallon for 30 days.

Tliguors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes 60mg per gallon for 30 days.

It is possible that it got degraded by light. Did you do the 30 days and then put them back In the display?. I know most people say to leave the display empty for around 7 weeks to be sure it is completely gone. so it could be possible the display still had some lingering because some ich parasites can live for 40 days.

Tliguors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the are still in the QT tank.

I mean the original post in this thread says you can go as high as 80 mg for more serious infections. It is possible that the strain you have is more resistant. I would just be more observant to the behavior, they don’t become lethargic and are still eating.

Or maybe you got a bad batch of cp

Tliguors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the are still in the QT tank.

I mean the original post in this thread says you can go as high as 80 mg for more serious infections. It is possible that the strain you have is more resistant. I would just be more observant to the behavior, they don’t become lethargic and are still eating.

Or maybe you got a bad batch of cp

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back