Chloroquine phosphate

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats using one tank method right? I want to transfer to tank 2 after 14 days of CP

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the CP in on day one. After a few days, I put in dose 1 of GC. After a week, I put in dose 2 of CP. If everything is doing well I let them go for the 30 days. If they are struggling I pull the plug after 20 days.

Is this an error? There is no need to dose CP twice. Did you mean the second dose of GC?

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on the 31st will be 14 days in CP...this being not just my first QT but also first time using CP.

So once I move them to tank two what should I treat for? I assume internal parasites/disease.

I have the following on hand.

Furan 2

General Cure

MetroPlex

Focus

KanaPlex

ParaGuard

Praziquantel Powder

Methylene Blue

PraziPro liquid

I dont want to mess this up so advice appreciated.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All...........I would like to source some CP for some fish I I just purchased.....going to put them through some Prazipro first, then I would like to do 30 days in CP per Humblefish's recommended procedure. I dont need much...5grams would be more than enough......my qt is just 15 gallons so 5g would give me enough to go through several QT's......

It sounds like the previous source (Diamondback Drugs) has drastically increased the cost of CP, basically to a level that makes it unattainable for me.......

My Questions:

1. yIs there any other sources for the POWDERED version of CP at any other pharmacies? If so, can I get a name or link? On Monday I will be asking my Vet for a script, so I would like to tell him where t send the script.

2. Finally, I notice "National Fish Pharm" has CP in powder form but since it doesnt look like there is a required script, I question its quality......Is anyone using NFP sourced CP with success??

Thanks for all the help!!

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All...........I would like to source some CP for some fish I I just purchased.....going to put them through some Prazipro first, then I would like to do 30 days in CP per Humblefish's recommended procedure. I dont need much...5grams would be more than enough......my qt is just 15 gallons so 5g would give me enough to go through several QT's......

It sounds like the previous source (Diamondback Drugs) has drastically increased the cost of CP, basically to a level that makes it unattainable for me.......

My Questions:

1. yIs there any other sources for the POWDERED version of CP at any other pharmacies? If so, can I get a name or link? On Monday I will be asking my Vet for a script, so I would like to tell him where t send the script.

2. Finally, I notice "National Fish Pharm" has CP in powder form but since it doesnt look like there is a required script, I question its quality......Is anyone using NFP sourced CP with success??

Thanks for all the help!!
I use NFP. It works fine. I dose at 50mg/gal to make up for any loss of purity. Humblefish had it tested, and it was something like 98% pure.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note.....100grams looks like the lowest volume I can purchase..............That is Way too much for me since my QT is only 15gal..........Is there anybody out there that needs some.....Maybe we can split the cost. Once I get it, I can send out 50g for 25.00 + shipping..............which cant be more than a few bucks.......

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or if there is multiple people that need it I can divide it between 4 or 5 or even 6. making it really cost effective......

PeterG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note.....100grams looks like the lowest volume I can purchase..............That is Way too much for me since my QT is only 15gal..........Is there anybody out there that needs some.....Maybe we can split the cost. Once I get it, I can send out 50g for 25.00 + shipping..............which cant be more than a few bucks.......
You might want to discuss shipping with UPS or USPS beforehand for guidance. Shipping a white powder these days might be problematic.
That said I'm in SW Florida and if you're anywhere nearby I'd be happy to give you 5 grams of CP ordered from Diamondback drugs. My 90 gal is comfortably populated right now and I've got enough to share. Just concerned about shipping.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to discuss shipping with UPS or USPS beforehand for guidance. Shipping a white powder these days might be problematic.
That said I'm in SW Florida and if you're anywhere nearby I'd be happy to give you 5 grams of CP ordered from Diamondback drugs. My 90 gal is comfortably populated right now and I've got enough to share. Just concerned about shipping.
They don't open the packages. Even if they did, it's in a package and clearly marked as to what it is.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Peter....LOL i didnt even think about that......thanks for the offer...i would love to get 5g from you but im in ohio....after thinking about it a bit...i think i should be ok sending it as long as i have it labeled maybe with part of this thread identifying what it is and what its used for.....i think i should be ok...but i understand if u r uncomfortable shipping it.....

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use NFP. It works fine. I dose at 50mg/gal to make up for any loss of purity. Humblefish had it tested, and it was something like 98% pure.

Hey Jason......where did you see that Hunblefish tested the product from NFP.....I have been looking all over the place, but cant find it in multiple threads....can you point me to it?

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason......where did you see that Hunblefish tested the product from NFP.....I have been looking all over the place, but cant find it in multiple threads....can you point me to it?
If you can find the thread where he was talking about starting his business. It's in there. He needed CP in bulk.

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1,000 whatever @Humblefish has to say concerning Chloroquine phosphate is spot on. Everybody check out aquabid.com & go to the medications section, there’s someone (mvp aquatics)posting Chloroquine phosphate on there as low as 10grams & free shipping( they post a lot of meds on there), hope this helps.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the last time I had NFP's CP tested, it was ~ 96% pure. Good enough according to my chemist. As mentioned above, overdose slightly (50 mg/gal) to compensate for the fillers.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the last time I had NFP's CP tested, it was ~ 96% pure. Good enough according to my chemist. As mentioned above, overdose slightly (50 mg/gal) to compensate for the fillers.
Thanks Hunblefish........OK great.....good enough for me....I will get some today.
Again though...anybody reading this forum...if you need some, I can divide up the cost and send to you.....not looking to make any money here, I'll charge you exactly what I pay for it per gram....If I can get 1 to 6 people that need some that would be great to split up the cost :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back