Christmas Gift Idea(S) and activities for my Daughter to introduce her to Reefing

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to purchase a few gifts for my 10 yr old daughter as we embark on the dream build ( see thread ) She is enamored with Science and I was looking for good educational content for reefing ( on a kids level) maybe some cool items as well..

I am expecting @1100 lbs of Rock shortly as we build our aquasqape designs... ( going to be a fun family project) but i want to find good content regarding types of aquascape for various fish/coral, etc... ( the planning is part of the fun)

Looking forward to some ideas, also would love to hear some of the things/activities folks have done with their children to make the hobby fun for the entire family.. Incidentally she always asks if she will to ab go to go snorkeling in the tank.. (o_O) ... so to say she's already got the bug, is a bit of an understatement.

Thanks in advance for your advise, recommendations and idea.. Merry Christmas!!

Sean

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!

I would start with test kits for her. Our son is 10 and tests all of ours for us.

He also learned about the ATO while setting it up and dosing.

goofy movie hello GIF

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to purchase a few gifts for my 10 yr old daughter as we embark on the dream build ( see thread ) She is enamored with Science and I was looking for good educational content for reefing ( on a kids level) maybe some cool items as well..

I am expecting @1100 lbs of Rock shortly as we build our aquasqape designs... ( going to be a fun family project) but i want to find good content regarding types of aquascape for various fish/coral, etc... ( the planning is part of the fun)

Looking forward to some ideas, also would love to hear some of the things/activities folks have done with their children to make the hobby fun for the entire family.. Incidentally she always asks if she will to ab go to go snorkeling in the tank.. (o_O) ... so to say she's already got the bug, is a bit of an understatement.

Thanks in advance for your advise, recommendations and idea.. Merry Christmas!!

Sean
Hello and welcome to the channel.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A small all-in-one tank (AIO) even a 6 gallon which will house a small anemone, 2 clowns and a small shrimp would be ideal.
What is footpring of your 1500g ? I right after holidays am making arrangements for a 1540g to be moved to home in Florida for storage as I'll me moving there in several months permanently

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back