Christmas Gift Idea(S) and activities for my Daughter to introduce her to Reefing

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef. Sounds like a great project. I like the suggestions of. Small tank of her own. As for the rock I was going to suggest some of the BRS videos for inspiration on balance process etc but then saw how big this is going to be....same principles I guess just bier pieces. Good luck and updates with pictures.

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquaria have been a great source of interest for my kindergartner and second-grader. Especially tiny critters such as brittle stars, asterina, copepods, isopods etc. Get a small critter viewer (they are great for adults too). Then take out little rocks and let them see the creatures up close.

OP
OP
NoviReefGuy

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small all-in-one tank (AIO) even a 6 gallon which will house a small anemone, 2 clowns and a small shrimp would be ideal.
What is footpring of your 1500g ? I right after holidays am making arrangements for a 1540g to be moved to home in Florida for storage as I'll me moving there in several months permanently
It’s going to 120”x60”x48”. I moved to Michigan from Florida a few years back to my now forever home. And I have a seriously awesome wife..

OP
OP
NoviReefGuy

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef. Sounds like a great project. I like the suggestions of. Small tank of her own. As for the rock I was going to suggest some of the BRS videos for inspiration on balance process etc but then saw how big this is going to be....same principles I guess just bier pieces. Good luck and updates with pictures.
Thanks.. we watch the you tube videos all the time together:..I’m really enjoying seeing her little mind work..

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, the experience of the build will be a gift unto itself
ZomboMeme 27102020102042.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It’s going to 120”x60”x48”. I moved to Michigan from Florida a few years back to my now forever home. And I have a seriously awesome wife..
The one Im getting is 12.5 ft L, 40" tall and 5 ft deep.
Current tank is 8ft L X 33" tall X 4 ft deep

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display Tank will be @1500 gallons... Been a life long Dream...
That is huge! Lol

start a build thread when you get chance and Welcome to R2R!!!

BeckyW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! So cool!! My kids are teens and love being involved. One of my girls in particular helps with everything from feeding to cleaning the skimmer (yuck). She’s thinking she want to own a seaweed farm someday. She really got the bug!!! I’m setting up a tiny 12 gallon fresh water tank for my bosses kindergartner. I made a calendar for her to follow so she marks off feeding, changing water and filters. I’m very excited and inspired by kids that love science!!! Have fun!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back