Christmas Tree Worms and Coral Hermits! My new show piece...

BSA Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new piece has acclimated fairly nicely to the Lagoon, and the worms are starting to hang outside of their domain more often in the day time! Excited to see the future of this thing. Big shout out to @BSA Corals !

Snagged a great shot of the new piece today as well!

IMG_3720.jpg

Those are loving your tank bro!!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening all! Hope you all are enjoying your evening! Wanted to drop in and give an update (also was requested for one!) on the bisma worms!

Things have been great and have not looked back the second rock I acquired has taken over as the centerpiece in the tank but my original rock holds a special place in my heart

Overall, at night they are most prevalent, and really out and about! During the day though you can see them all make there way out say hello then go shooting back in. Such amazing pieces and truly blessed to have a couple in my tank! All about the oddballs and these fit that criteria!

Here is a recent photo of the newest rock.. can see a timelapse on my Instagram account! (King Tide Corals)

IMG_4379.jpg

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday Reefers!.. its here... the Christmas Tree Rock!!

Hope you all are well today, and the tanks are getting along just fine through the pandemic. Just yesterday I was lucky enough to acquire a beautiful piece from a tank breakdown. Drum-roll.... tsssssss..... The Christmas Tree Rock! I was ecstatic to see it on our local facebook page so immediately reached out and gave her my offer. After a long week of waiting due to work, I was able to head out and make the 3 hr round trip to snag the piece.

When I got to the tank this is what I saw, and was slightly worried... (first photo) I trusted the local reefer, and honestly felt as though the worm was just a little stressed by the amount of fish in the tank, and the placement with the lack of flow. Got the piece in a tupperware then into a bucket and made its way back home. After getting home the timing worked out that the lights were shutting down for the day and I was able to get the piece drip acclimated for one hour and forty five minutes. Placed it into the lagoon front and center right in front of the MP10, and decided to peek back in a couple minutes. After just waiting 10 minutes I was able to start seeing the worms working their way out and inspecting their new home. Decided I would check in the morning after getting some rest.

The next morning the piece looked stunning! The worms are working their way out and really getting used to the daily activities around the house. Even the black lab begging for treats and pounding her tail against the nearby coffee table startled them at first, but with time they seem to grew accustomed to.

Another pleasant surprise was seeing the coral hermit that was mentioned on the post as well, in the tank I could not see it. Once home and acclimated the little feelers started to poke out and I could see the little one! Super excited about that, but not too sure on care other than attempting to get small meaty foods its way for it to snag in the water column.

As for feeding I am looking at giving the rock a mixture of things coming from the following list: Algae Barn Live Phyto, Reef Nutrition Phyto Feast and Oyster Feast, Benepets, and possibly Reef Chili from BRS. If you have some of these worms anything in particular you see they are able to really enjoy? Please let me know!

Now here I am reaching out to YOU hoping I can get maybe the slightest bit of insight from personal experiences or friends with experiences! I have done weeks on weeks of research and just within Jake's two videos on his system dedicated tank for the rocks I have learned quite a bit!

Thanks all and hoping to start a nice fun thread about a really fun piece of livestock that we can have in our personal reefs in our living rooms! Cheers and hope to chat soon.

IMG_1499.PNG IMG_1653.JPG IMG_2527.JPG
I want one

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Evening all! Hope you all are enjoying your evening! Wanted to drop in and give an update (also was requested for one!) on the bisma worms!

Things have been great and have not looked back the second rock I acquired has taken over as the centerpiece in the tank but my original rock holds a special place in my heart

Overall, at night they are most prevalent, and really out and about! During the day though you can see them all make there way out say hello then go shooting back in. Such amazing pieces and truly blessed to have a couple in my tank! All about the oddballs and these fit that criteria!

Here is a recent photo of the newest rock.. can see a timelapse on my Instagram account! (King Tide Corals)

IMG_4379.jpg
Love it !!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back