Chuck's 13.5 Fluval EVO

WoodRiverTroutBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt are you using? I have HW Reefer for my 70 gallon tank but was thinking about Red Sea Coral Pro for the Evo since I don't plan on dosing right away. I didn't even have a chance to try the stock light with corals, I bought a Radion XR15 G4 Pro today. Actually, my wife bought it for me! I am looking forward to packing as much in to this little tank as I can.

Edit* How do you like the skimmer? I have heard very mixed things so I was planning on skipping it and doing weekly water changes.

OP
OP
chuckfu5

chuckfu5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt are you using? I have HW Reefer for my 70 gallon tank but was thinking about Red Sea Coral Pro for the Evo since I don't plan on dosing right away. I didn't even have a chance to try the stock light with corals, I bought a Radion XR15 G4 Pro today. Actually, my wife bought it for me! I am looking forward to packing as much in to this little tank as I can.

Edit* How do you like the skimmer? I have heard very mixed things so I was planning on skipping it and doing weekly water changes.

I use Red Sea coral pro.

I like the skimmer. If you keep it properly maintained I’m only changing a gallon or two every couple weeks and keeping phosphate at .01 and nitrates at 5.

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice reef chuck! i added the ai prime hd to my evo. it seems like the kessil gives your sps better color! i would have gone with the kessil if it had a built in timer at least...
any update photos? would love to see them! :)

OP
OP
chuckfu5

chuckfu5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice reef chuck! i added the ai prime hd to my evo. it seems like the kessil gives your sps better color! i would have gone with the kessil if it had a built in timer at least...
any update photos? would love to see them! :)

I actually ended up taking down the Evo for a 135 gallon upgrade!

Still love the Fluval Evo’s though!

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ended up taking down the Evo for a 135 gallon upgrade!

Still love the Fluval Evo’s though!

YES! its a cube! the largest one ive ever seen was 100 max! it looks amazing.
I'm also planning on upgrading to a 150+ system in a couple of years. most if not all of my coral's will be moved from the evo except for the anemone also will leave a few frags from the future colonies. as long as my reef doesnt crash till then.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back