Chuck's 13.5 Fluval EVO

What salt are you using? I have HW Reefer for my 70 gallon tank but was thinking about Red Sea Coral Pro for the Evo since I don't plan on dosing right away. I didn't even have a chance to try the stock light with corals, I bought a Radion XR15 G4 Pro today. Actually, my wife bought it for me! I am looking forward to packing as much in to this little tank as I can.

Edit* How do you like the skimmer? I have heard very mixed things so I was planning on skipping it and doing weekly water changes.
 
What salt are you using? I have HW Reefer for my 70 gallon tank but was thinking about Red Sea Coral Pro for the Evo since I don't plan on dosing right away. I didn't even have a chance to try the stock light with corals, I bought a Radion XR15 G4 Pro today. Actually, my wife bought it for me! I am looking forward to packing as much in to this little tank as I can.

Edit* How do you like the skimmer? I have heard very mixed things so I was planning on skipping it and doing weekly water changes.

I use Red Sea coral pro.

I like the skimmer. If you keep it properly maintained I’m only changing a gallon or two every couple weeks and keeping phosphate at .01 and nitrates at 5.
 
nice reef chuck! i added the ai prime hd to my evo. it seems like the kessil gives your sps better color! i would have gone with the kessil if it had a built in timer at least...
any update photos? would love to see them! :)
 
nice reef chuck! i added the ai prime hd to my evo. it seems like the kessil gives your sps better color! i would have gone with the kessil if it had a built in timer at least...
any update photos? would love to see them! :)

I actually ended up taking down the Evo for a 135 gallon upgrade!

Still love the Fluval Evo’s though!
 
I actually ended up taking down the Evo for a 135 gallon upgrade!

Still love the Fluval Evo’s though!


YES! its a cube! the largest one ive ever seen was 100 max! it looks amazing.
I'm also planning on upgrading to a 150+ system in a couple of years. most if not all of my coral's will be moved from the evo except for the anemone also will leave a few frags from the future colonies. as long as my reef doesnt crash till then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new