OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome set-up. How's the tank doing?
Here are a few pictures.

66AAD501-A6EC-45F1-B3F1-81F9419D590D_1_201_a.jpeg

72853485-F3CC-45F5-A13F-08E79EABF3CD_1_201_a.jpeg

CE6A37F5-1155-49B6-9A74-94535ABFD3F1_1_201_a.jpeg

798C73CF-6DE4-4CC3-A8A8-BF7BEBCDCE68_1_201_a.jpeg

DA310689-F78A-4FFC-890B-E29C3F957326_1_201_a.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I could tell. Is there something to look out for?
I’ve not seen breeding from Wetmorella species however breeding in wrasses seem to be similar so;
If they go up and start swimming in circles with a change in colour from the male is generally how most wrasses seem to do it.

Woodman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, beautiful tank, how are the 3 clownfish doing? I wanted maroon clowns as well, but the LFS always say they are super aggressive. I even saw 2 pair recently at Saltwater City.

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, beautiful tank, how are the 3 clownfish doing? I wanted maroon clowns as well, but the LFS always say they are super aggressive. I even saw 2 pair recently at Saltwater City.
Oh I had to remove one of the clowns within two weeks of them going in. I knew one of them would likely end up going quickly. So now I only have the two clowns, the Thunder Maroon and the Gold Nugget

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I had to remove one of the clowns within two weeks of them going in. I knew one of them would likely end up going quickly. So now I only have the two clowns, the Thunder Maroon and the Gold Nugget
Would love to know your secret with torch corals. Im over 2 years in on my max nano. 2 hammers thriving and growing, frogspawn is enormous, tons of other coral doing well. Torch never makes it longer than 6 months. Does well for a few months then tissue recedes to the point where I have to ditch. Only theory is alk swings from water changes or maybe too much flow.

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to know your secret with torch corals. Im over 2 years in on my max nano. 2 hammers thriving and growing, frogspawn is enormous, tons of other coral doing well. Torch never makes it longer than 6 months. Does well for a few months then tissue recedes to the point where I have to ditch. Only theory is alk swings from water changes or maybe too much flow.
Oh I don't have any secrets. I have lost a few heads. Some really nice ones too. My main problem with Torch Coral has been the flatworms that feast on the Torch corals. I have not been successful in getting rid of them 100%, they keep returning. If not for them, they would be thriving more.

JayFish4004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I don't have any secrets. I have lost a few heads. Some really nice ones too. My main problem with Torch Coral has been the flatworms that feast on the Torch corals. I have not been successful in getting rid of them 100%, they keep returning. If not for them, they would be thriving more.
Here’s a shot of mine - lost plenty of coral and fish in the couple years she’s been up but finally in a place where things are thriving and Im not paranoid about any sensitive coral (coughTORCH) brown jellying on me haha. There are more gobies in this 20 gallon than you can even imagine - obsessed with em :)

IMG_2795.jpeg

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a shot of mine - lost plenty of coral and fish in the couple years she’s been up but finally in a place where things are thriving and Im not paranoid about any sensitive coral (coughTORCH) brown jellying on me haha. There are more gobies in this 20 gallon than you can even imagine - obsessed with em :)

IMG_2795.jpeg
Looking good. Love the Citron Clown Goby. They are so cool.

OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. How are the two clowns getting along with the possum wrasse? Those maroon variants get pretty aggressive guarding their nem sometimes.
They do quite well actually. I have two possum wrasses, I am actually shocked at how well the fish get along in this small tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back