Circular scoly tissue damage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baronen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baronen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
365
Reaction score
131
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like something ate it? Just noticed it today. Otherwise healthy, still feeding even during the day. My emerald hang out on the rock right next to it and I noticed my Halloween hermit was eating it like a month ago (although no damage) and I put him in the sump. Please ignore the dinos!

IMG_7137.jpeg IMG_7136.jpeg IMG_7134.jpeg
 
Here’s a zoomed in pick. You can see it has lost tissue until the Skelton
IMG_7138.jpeg
 
Bump?
 
Is this a Bleeding Apple Scoly? Great looking coral still to me!

Here is a post where they were recovering ones that were much more damaged than this.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/damaged-scoly-recovery-advice.713120/
Outside of that, I would personally just keep an eye on your CUC. Although it sometimes looks bad I find they mostly are just cleaning up the decay of pieces we cannot see.
 
Is this a Bleeding Apple Scoly? Great looking coral still to me!

Here is a post where they were recovering ones that were much more damaged than this.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/damaged-scoly-recovery-advice.713120/
Outside of that, I would personally just keep an eye on your CUC. Although it sometimes looks bad I find they mostly are just cleaning up the decay of pieces we cannot see.
Yes bleeding apple scoly. It appears to be healing already! So now I just have to figure out what is eating it. I used to have limpets that came in with my Florida gulf rock which ate my blastos, perhaps a few are still in my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new