Cirrihilabrus Roseafascia

seth&angelle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
424
Reaction score
307
Location
Mathews, La
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I own a small LFS in South South Louisiana, and I came across a Cirrhilabrus Roseafascia. I've seen this fish in old articles online, but have never seen one available. I absolutely love the fish from photos I've seen on the Internet. Well, I asked to buy 3 and only one was available. So I bought it for my own personal wrasse collection. I will not be selling this fish! Anyways, who's got one? Is this a really rare fish. Like I said, I've never seen one available.

 
This fish looks strangely familiar. :bigsmile:
 
Not that rare I would say. Diver's Den sells them quite often. A couple of my LFS get them in pretty regularly as well. Get large for Fairy Wrasses, but definitely a beautiful species!
 
Are you familiar with their temperament? From what I've been reading they sound pretty aggressive.
 
Are you familiar with their temperament? From what I've been reading they sound pretty aggressive.

The ones I have kept were not overly aggressive, but they do get large as fairy wrasses go and definitely win any "squabbles" between wrasses.
 
My current collection consists of a rhomboid, eightline flasher, hooded, and yellow coris. Wrasses I plan on adding in near future are a flame, johnsoni, linieatus, and possibly a splendid. This is in a 300 gallon DD
 
Not that rare I would say. Diver's Den sells them quite often. A couple of my LFS get them in pretty regularly as well. Get large for Fairy Wrasses, but definitely a beautiful species!
+1

The ones I have kept were not overly aggressive, but they do get large as fairy wrasses go and definitely win any "squabbles" between wrasses.
Agree, and certainly not as aggressive as scottorum.

My current collection consists of a rhomboid, eightline flasher, hooded, and yellow coris. Wrasses I plan on adding in near future are a flame, johnsoni, linieatus, and possibly a splendid. This is in a 300 gallon DD
Should be fine; use an acclimation box.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new