Clam feeding? Phytoplankton best option.

Jordanwilsher

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, bought a blue maxima clam a few days ago coming out perfect, retracting healthily . However only a few inch big, which I have heard need more feeding, bought some live plankton with the clam until I grow some. My question is how to feed it, heard many different ways and wanting to know the right way. Today I just poured the bag in to my tank, but someone said to put a cup over it and put the plankton in to give it time. How do you all feed your?

6F54268B-6D8E-4260-937C-437D5B4C6D37.jpeg
 
IMO they don't really need to be fed just provide them lots of light.. its the really tiny ones under 2” that people will sometimes feed.
 
Any size Tridacna clam that you can purchase will feed on light, that's it. It's a myth that they need to be fed phyto. Give them the proper amount of quality lighting and that's all you need, besides proper water parameters. If you can keep sps without issue, then a clam should be just fine.
Read this article.
 
Hi, bought a blue maxima clam a few days ago coming out perfect, retracting healthily . However only a few inch big, which I have heard need more feeding, bought some live plankton with the clam until I grow some. My question is how to feed it, heard many different ways and wanting to know the right way. Today I just poured the bag in to my tank, but someone said to put a cup over it and put the plankton in to give it time. How do you all feed your?

6F54268B-6D8E-4260-937C-437D5B4C6D37.jpeg
Just buy a bottle of phytoplankton and zooplankton and dose it like the directions tell you. Keep up with tank parameters and don't introduce it into an uncycled tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new