Clam ID Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter CreatiVe2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CreatiVe2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
214
Reaction score
208
Location
Philadelphia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told this is a Derasa . But Recently I have been investigating and it looks more like a Squamosa
Any Input?

IMG_20200428_113906 (1).jpg
 
T. squamosa will have large scutes on the shell, which I believe I can see on yours.
 
Awesome guys! This is why I posted it. Thank you for the fast responses.
I will grab another picture later for reference, but yes! It has much larger scutes compared to my maxima.

How are the Squamosas compared to the maximas and Derasas. As far as hardiness, rarity, and requirements.
 
They are on par with derasa, but grow much faster than any others. They can get large. In 1.5yrs mine went from 2" to 12 " or so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new