Clam on live rock?

nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
22
Location
england
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Tank is swarming with copepods and this weekend I finally get to add a fish (still deciding on the first tank mate!) I saw this weird clam like shell on the live rock. Any ideas what this is? I did think it was a clam or some kind of mollusc but kind of can’t believe that! Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

D462E8E6-431A-46E3-879D-32E07B819E69.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7237.MOV
    2.7 MB
I can't see specifically what you are talking about but I find clams on maricultured live rock all the time. There's several Caribbean species that will show up regularly on stuff from Florida suppliers.
 
I cannot see it either, but there are filter feeders can can do quite well in aquarium setting if established and the no3 and po4 do not get too high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new