Clam on the move

  • Thread starter Thread starter authentic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2012
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
882
Location
coral springs florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Placed my maxima on a rock ledge six months ago...attached it's foot and stayed in place.recently it appeared to be falling over.reached in to straighten it up and felt
L it was still attached so I left it alone.it is slowly moving down the rockwork...I have 4 clams in my tank all doing well ,I have had them relocated by flow but never had one walk away
 
I read a post once where one climbed UP the rock work.... Those byssal threads are amazing! He may want a little less light ..please update and let us know where he ends up...:)
 
Gosh, it never occurred to me that they'd move... but OF COURSE. that's amazing. Pics please! :-D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new