Clam orientation

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
3,925
Reaction score
4,544
Location
Melbourne, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this is my first clam. Is there any particular way I should orientate it with the flow? Or will it set itself?
 
this is my first clam. Is there any particular way I should orientate it with the flow? Or will it set itself?
I'd put it in medium flow and let it settle in.
 
It's a derasa, I set it in medium flow. Over the first day he turned about 45 degrees to where I had him. He's been in that spot ever sense. He's seems happy, fully open. The mantle just barely moves when my powerhead is at peak speed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new