Clam placed to high?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jason g
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jason g

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2013
Messages
603
Reaction score
138
Location
Fresno, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef I need some help,

I was wondering if this is too high to place my clam at the top of my aquarium. It is exactly 16 in from the light fixture and there is also a powerhead shooting right over it. Will this also be too much flow for it?
I originally had it on the sand bed but I clean the sand today and just happened to put the clam on top of the the rock until I was done cleaning but then I was thinking maybe I should keep it there or not.
I run my lights for 9 hrs. Whites at 27% for 8hrs and blues at 75% for 9hrs. So what do you think will I bake the clam?
20180419_171842.jpg
20180419_171850.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new