Clam progression pictures

Antonias1391

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
340
Reaction score
5
Location
Camdenton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i was wandering if any one has kept growth progression pictures of there clams?? i would love to see :bigsmile:
 
I have some of an old Giga's that I used to have, it will take a while to dig them up in my photobucket. I will do that tomorrow.
 
Ok here are some pic's of my old Giga's, I had it a year and then sold it cause it was outgrowing my tank. I bought it at 1.5" and sold it a year later at 7".

Here it is right before I sold it, sorry about the pic quality.

IMG_0813.jpg


Here it was at about 4" notice the new shell growth.

IMG_0620.jpg


And at about 1.5" when I brought it home.

IMG_0015.jpg


Funny story, one day I was watching the tank and I noticed the clam kind of hopping slowly across the bottom of the tank on it's side. Upon closer inspection I noticed the clam had attached to one of my conch's, the conch was dragging it along for a ride.

IMG_0028.jpg
 
wow cool pics thx for sharing. thats pritty funny about the conch. so clams move aound till the find a good spot like nems?
 
No, they move but not nearly as much as nems, maybe just a few inches at all. Mostly just move to position themselves for the light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new