clam propagation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Makki_73
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Makki_73

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Messages
38
Reaction score
50
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am curious if anyone has tried to propagate clams. I know that there is a way of propagating clams and that's how we can find aquacultured clams, but I want to know if there is a way an average reefer can do that. I haven't found any info about that in this forum, so I thought I would ask.
Thanks.
 
As far as I am aware of the only way is through the clams spawning which is very difficult for the average hobbiest to facilitate let alone produce enough to sell
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new