Clam questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Helifreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Helifreak

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
Taiwan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Planning to purchase one for my nano. I have Chemipure elite and pruigen in my filter. Are those consider GFO?
Also a clam on barebottom cause any problem or should I put him a Rock?

thank you
 
No they aren't cosidered GFO, GFO is iron based.

The clam should be fine on a bare bottom until you wish to move it, then it may be a bit hard to get off the glass.
 
May be a problem getting him to stand up for you too on a bare bottom may have place between some rubble rock or something.
 
happy thanksgiving

Is there anything I should know before I pick a clam. In my LFS there is around 8 of them, just want to make sure I don't pick a sick one.

thanks.
 
Hi

I think they are the maxima clam with the blue mantle (3inch). I am using the Razor 120w.


thanks.
 
Does size really matter, I have read anything below 3inch isn't very ideal or need to be feed. Some say is a myth that they are all the same. What is your opinion Skinz798?

thanks
 
Get a piece of acrylic for the clam to attach to instead of it attaching to the glass. Then you can move it easier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new