Clam stuck.. help!

Sdoutreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
453
Location
Idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small maxima, about 2 inches long, rhat has planted its foot ontop of a living snail! The snail keeps moving the clam around and I'm worried itll move it to some place I wont be able to find it. What should I do? Ive tried to ease it off of the snail but its not budging. Id hate to rip it's foot.
 
Take a sharp knife and gently cut the byssal threads as close to the rock as possible, do not pull it off the rock though you can cause infection and kill the clam.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new