OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. For a while depending on which clam. Maximas and squamosas grow fairly slowly. A deresa, hippopus, or gigas would grow more quickly.
Not sure if I want to risk running out of room. The store has derasas. I eventually plan on upgrading but not yet.

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I want to risk running out of room. The store has derasas. I eventually plan on upgrading but not yet.
Well, I may have accidentally misled you. If you plan on upgrading, you should be fine for a number of years. I apologize, a deresa will be fine for a good amount of time. I had one in my 20 gallon for 3 years. And deresas are my favorite, so i would recommend one.

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Clam under black boxes for just over a month. So far so good. At first it hated my tank but I've noticed some color enhancement has taken place. I run my whites at 20 and my blues at 65. Whites for 8hrs and blues for 10hrs.
It hardly had any color to it when I bought it. So with some decent lighting and stable water parameters they can be kept under black boxes.
20171201_020151.jpg

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha. The store is an hour away. I have to see if I can make it up there this weekend. My wife is 8 and a half months pregnant so I have a hard time getting away these days.
Take her along with you :)
I keep seeing a couple and the wife is around 7~8+ months pregnant, carrying a year old kid and the hushand taking care a very active girl 2~3 years old to few LFS (yes, they have same routine LFS check on weekend like me), the different thing here is the wife really into saltwater or she is a hardcore reefer while the husband look like he didn't give a dang about saltwater, he's there just because of her LOL

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take her along with you :)
I keep seeing a couple and the wife is around 7~8+ months pregnant, carrying a year old kid and the hushand taking care a very active girl 2~3 years old to few LFS (yes, they have same routine LFS check on weekend like me), the different thing here is the wife really into saltwater or she is a hardcore reefer while the husband look like he didn't give a dang about saltwater, he's there just because of her LOL
normally she's all for the ride to the one in town. Not so much when I make her travel for stuff. She's into the fish more than the coral and my tank is stocked on those.

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, maybe double check. What % are you getting the 60k at?
My sb gets 40k at 12in.
I haven't looked at the mars Lux in a while.

@reeferfoxx dose that sound right?
So I got up on a chair today and it looks like the blues were around 70% and the whites around 30%. Its hard to tell on the mars aqua because you have to make ur own markings and estimate because the dials do not have any numbers.

I lowered it to 40,000 to be safe until i figure this out. I figured even reefs get cloudy days...

But atleast we know, the light is strong enough! Im dividing the 40,000 by 6 to estimate ~500+ PAR at the surface... is that correct?

I may take the lenses off of the light too?

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got up on a chair today and it looks like the blues were around 70% and the whites around 30%. Its hard to tell on the mars aqua because you have to make ur own markings and estimate because the dials do not have any numbers.

I lowered it to 40,000 to be safe until i figure this out. I figured even reefs get cloudy days...

But atleast we know, the light is strong enough! Im dividing the 40,000 by 6 to estimate ~500+ PAR at the surface... is that correct?

I may take the lenses off of the light too?
Taking the lenses off flattened out my lights and they look great!

Did it today and finally mounted them at a proper height. They're about 14" off the water.

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking the lenses off flattened out my lights and they look great!

Did it today and finally mounted them at a proper height. They're about 14" off the water.
Good to hear you like it better. Seeing how much extra power i have in these leds, i guess i shouldnt worry about that anymore

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back