Clam with gaping mouth!

TangsRLife

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2016
Messages
112
Reaction score
63
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my Derasa clam for a little less than a year, it has grown quite a bit. Just a few days ago I installed a UV sterilizer and also upped my DIY 3D printed protein skimmer’a pump from a 500gph pump to a 1600gph pump and have been getting WAY more skimmate. And just today I have noticed that it’s mouth is gaping VERY wide, wide enough for me to see the internal components very well. It still looks bright and is maybe half open. Is there a correlation between these two? If not what approach should I do immediately to help my clam?
 
I got home and turned it over and found a bunch of pyramid snails. Just cleaned him off in a separate container and will put him in a tub with fresh sand.
 
Good luck! Let us know how he does.
 
Uggh i hate pyams! Youll have to clean him every couple of days for a few weeks to make sure you get all neww hatchlings. And scrub the entire shell with a soft brush cause when theyre babies theyre hardly seeable. Good luck!
 
Yeah I’ve done this before haha. I had him clean for 6months. Must’ve snuck in on a frag or something.
 
Mine snuck in on snails.....;Shifty;Shifty
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new