Clam?

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have been watching this Zoa colony I bought. And yes they are growing On a clam or something, I figured it was dead when I got it BUT it opens and it closes which I guessing means it’s ALIVE! See pictures. The first two show it closed. And actually the second picture I took tonight after I touched it and the last picture is a few minutes later!
92CECC96-DBA6-4BF0-AA38-C87AC215255F.jpeg
31C53838-11E5-4C79-A2AB-FAA1F80E3EDE.jpeg
43218B61-9FC0-4F95-BE5E-52C26E95DB2E.jpeg
image.jpg

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, clam. They're filter-feeders, so don't always do well in aquaria. Hopefully this one does well for you. An occasional gentle squirt of phytoplankton at it while it's open will help keep it alive.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, clam. They're filter-feeders, so don't always do well in aquaria. Hopefully this one does well for you. An occasional gentle squirt of phytoplankton at it while it's open will help keep it alive.
I dose quite a bit of phyto and randomly some spirulina (mixed in tank water) into my tank to support my pod population do you think that’s enough or should I spot feed him? What about reef roids on something similar for him as well?

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clams (at least mine) dont respond well to reefroids, mine eject it from the mantle. The phyto and spirulina are doing some good though I reckon. Keep it up!
Isn’t it a little late for you to be up! Lol.

I might try spot feeding it phytoplankton next time (tomorrow) when I put some in the tank.
I just fed my chalice that’s why I was wondering about reef roids.
Sooo cool though that I got a clam! Granted it’s not one of those pretty ones I’ll take what ever filter feeders I can!

recently just noticed a good bit of pineapple sponges!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back