Clarisea Sk5000 issue in Reefer 350

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Having an issue with my new SK5000. Got it all hard plumbed on last Monday. Here we are a week later and still haven’t figured this thing out. The water level is not rising fast enough to trigger the float valve prior to the 8hr alarm. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes the alarm goes off. I have my Varios 4 running at 100% (1050gph). The clarisea is on a skimmer stand about two inches up from the bottom of the sump. I have the baffle before the bubble filter at max height. I would think the fact that the keyhole drain thing is full underwater, and return pump going full speed, that this roll should get dirty fast enough. I don’t have a spotless tank, currently battling dinos and feeding a lot to keep NO3 and PO4 elevated. Any thoughts? The only thing I haven’t tried yet is to either raise or lower the roller. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
ChicagoShoop

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s fully closed. Only thing I can think of is the fact that the fleece roll is slightly folded when it heads up after going under the unit. Perhaps that’s letting some water through? It’s just a small bit that’s folded and from what I’ve read that’s a known issue with the xl.

OP
OP
ChicagoShoop

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured out the issue. The fleece roll was installed incorrectly at the bottom of the unit. Pic attached below. I am very happy I figured this out, complete pain, but one of the small joys in reefing for sure!
55871EF3-F809-4ACB-8359-BCA77DD0D849.jpeg

lissailor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you figured that out. I have a RSR350 and the Clarisea. I have the sump water level between the knob and gate on the bottom of the Clarisea. After 2mo I am still not even half way through the roll. I guess great head pressure. But it works perfectly and is very low maintenance.

OP
OP
ChicagoShoop

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the sound of that. 2 months would be great! I believe my water level is right around the knob but sitting as high as it can go in the sump pretty much. So happy I figured it out. No better feeling! Water is already so much more clear from running overnight. Such a great product (when installed correctly lol)

chadtadams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add this to my RSR350, best to go on and get the SK5000 vs 3000? Do you have any photos of your setup?
Thanks ahead and sorry for hijacking the post with my question.

lissailor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go. This is a 5000. I haven’t changed the roll since I got the tank setup. About 4mo. About half way done with the roll. Seems to be working well although I am aware the roll shouldn’t last this long.

ACBA370B-8517-47BA-85B8-78AB74686618.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChicagoShoop

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with you. This has been running great for last few weeks now. Water is crystal clear and it runs maybe 2 or 3 times per day tops. Each roll is going to last a long time!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back