Clean MP40 Wet Side Gen 1 Disassemble

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nateaqua
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nateaqua

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
199
Reaction score
181
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just purchase a used Ecotech MP40w power head. I have seen disembly instructions for the gen 2 on the internet, but can not find anything about taking a gen 1 apart. If anyone could help, I would be very greatful, just do not want to break it.

20210511_075845.jpg
 
Update.
I was able to remove the top cover. Should I only soak these parts in hot water only Is there a special way to clean the ceramic shaft. Also do in need to take the impeller off, how would I do this without messing the bottom up.
 

Attachments

  • 20210511_110825.jpg
    20210511_110825.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 82

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new