OP
K

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. Just to update this thread, the only thing that I've found to keep the sand pearly white is to turn it over every day/every other day. I, and most people, are not gonna do that. My sand now has some green, brown specks of algae, and that's just fine by me. I also noticed that as the tank aged, the more the algae is kept at bay.

I do dose Microbacter7 after water changes. I'm sure it helps. Is it significant? Who knows. I can probably add more flow and that should help a bit as well, but it would introduce a new problem of blowing the sand everywhere.

Lesson learned here - tanks, and sand, are meant to be enjoyed, not glorified on Instragram. Not-so-white sand is perfectly fine.

P.S. - nassarius snails do not help at all.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back