Clean Up Crew Suggestions?

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I was wondering what some of the best clean up crews for a 15-20 gallon reef tank set up is? I was thinking:
1 Conch (fighting or tiger)
1 Nassarius snail
2 Cerith snails
2 Trochus or Turbo snails
1 Shrimp (peppermint, cleaner, fire)

Please let me know what you think!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are sites where you can order a CUC - where they will recommend a CUC based on what is in your tank, f your having problems, etc (you fill out a questionairre) and they make a recommendation. I think this is your best bet to get an answer. Check out Reef Cleaners.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of hermit crabs but others claims that they may eat corals. Thats never happened in my tank andbi suspect those "coral eating" cases is either when tank is too young and crabs are starving, or the coral is already dead and they are picking off the rotting flesh. I have both red leg, blue leg, and Halloween. I also have snails that the hermet coexist peacefully, trick is to just keep lots of empty big shells for them to upgrade their house with.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If doing a conch I would do Tiger not Fight. I think a Fighting would be too big for your tank. I second the recommendation to get CUC from reef cleaners. They had a a ton of options and packages already ready for each tank size.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No hermit crabs if you have sticks. I got rid of my hermits for them climbing up on my branching monti and breaking off branches. They were not eating it so I don't know why they are doing this. I would take them off and put them on rocks far away for my only monti and they would be back in a day or two, with a few more of their friends. Had up to 10 one day, then decided to remove them and return to LFS for more snails.

I now have up to 200-300 snails of all kinds and sizes in my 75. It is awesome, they are all over the place. some are as small as 1/8 of an inch. I made several purchases at Reef Cleaners, like the zig zag periwinkles I think are very small so order like 60 of those at .15 cents each. Trochus and Virgin Nerite snails are good also. I have many eggs popping up now.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some turbos get big, I had one last year that was a little bigger than a golf ball. I traded it in at my LFS for smaller ones. They gave me 5 small turbos for the large one, it got sold the same day.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back