Cleaner shrimp actually cleans!

vsolovyev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always heard about cleaner shrimp cleaning fish out in the ocean but have never seen it happen until today! While I was on guard duty making sure my cleaner wouldn’t steal the food from the anemone, I witnessed the shrimp do a thorough cleaning of my yellow eye kole tang! Pretty cool to see, anyone else see this happen?

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always heard about cleaner shrimp cleaning fish out in the ocean but have never seen it happen until today! While I was on guard duty making sure my cleaner wouldn’t steal the food from the anemone, I witnessed the shrimp do a thorough cleaning of my yellow eye kole tang! Pretty cool to see, anyone else see this happen?
My cleaner shrimp is a novel citizen and cleans all the fish in the tank.. he has his little work station set up near the wet side of the MP10 and the fish will come by and get themselves cleaned at his station. He also is amazing at cleaning up any new frags added to the tank or excess food floating around he/she is happy to snack!

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw my young cleaner shrimp cleaning a fish for the first time today. My little Priolepsis gobies almost never come out of their cave but the male came out today & got cleaned! It was very cute.
Congrats on yours doing his job as well! I have another very large one who tries so hard to clean his tank mates that she actually dive bombs them sometimes. The fish she’s with don’t seem to enjoy being cleaned. :( I let her clean my hand anytime I’m doing a water change though!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back