Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool - served as good fish food I'm sure

fuzzone99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened in our old 180 a couple of times. Raising them would be very difficult as others have stated, but the clowns don't seem to mind ;-)

+1 on MOFIB
Prolly the best single source of ornamental marine breeding info anywhere. That is the really crazy thing about much of our hobby. Some of the best (often the ONLY) information available is from the hobbyists themselves. I can't think of any other hobby like it. Many of the members on there are doing university work or other marine biology research. Some really smart peeps on there.
Great pics guys.
Cheers!

iretthepirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aw almost makes me want to raise some baby sexy shrimp again but i might go insane so much work. great pics

James w Lewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine used to have eggs all the time. I would think If you turned offal the filtration and just had power heads in the tank for water movement you might be able to save some of them. Fish and corals would eat a lot of them but surely you could save some.

KaiDreamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my newly bought peppermint shrimp carrying eggs and laying them the day after I got her. There are now tiny white shrimp hatchlings the size of a grain of sand on the tank glass. I would like to catch therm and try to save them from the filtration but they are so small that I'm not sure how I would even retrieve them. Any ideas?

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my newly bought peppermint shrimp carrying eggs and laying them the day after I got her. There are now tiny white shrimp hatchlings the size of a grain of sand on the tank glass. I would like to catch therm and try to save them from the filtration but they are so small that I'm not sure how I would even retrieve them. Any ideas?

Peppermint shrimp (and almost all marine shrimp) have strictly pelagic larvae. What you see as small white "hatchlings" are actually just some sort of benthic copepod.

OP
OP
LetItReef

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this one out Invert Breeding Journals My plan is to isolate the adult on a standard tank and let the adult release the babies there but on this thread suggested a special tank for it, a Kriesel tank.

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this one out Invert Breeding Journals My plan is to isolate the adult on a standard tank and let the adult release the babies there but on this thread suggested a special tank for it, a Kriesel tank.

You can let the parent release the larvae in any isolated, non-filtered tank but you MUST move the larvae to a kreisel in order to attempt to raise them due to the fact that they are strictly pelagic.

Clint pickett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My oral reef tank has not had fish or shrimp for 5 years. When it is neglected and the water level goes down I have had 2 episodes of tiny shrimp appearing. My specific gravity is 1.026 . Last time they all died. I estimate there are 100-300 of the little guys. I’m wondering if I should keep the specific gravity high as perhaps that’s what triggered the hatch ?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back