Cleaner shrimp missing legs

Transparent24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I may have a problem. I have a cleaner shrimp who lost 3 legs and all of his antennas have been cut short. I am not sure if my fish is nipping at it or if it’s being caused by my circulation pump...or something else? I have a fluval 13.5 evo and my circulation pump is somewhat close to one of my rocks. I am thinking the shrimp is getting too close or jumping on it and possibly getting some limbs & antennas caught. Any ideas???

2 ocellaris clownfish
1 diadem dottyback (this guy isn’t very nice)
Some turbo and nassarius snails.

I have had the dottyback for a few months and he’s nipped but never took limbs. Antennas have been cut short, maybe one at a time but not all at the same time like currently.

1 clownfish has gotten really aggressive towards the other one lately.
 
It’s not the clown... very well could be the dotty. He will grow everything back after his next moly. They’re super vulnerable after a moly though so hopefully whatever is attacking it doesn’t get him while he’s waiting on his new exo to harden.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new