Cleaner shrimp with 4 stripe damsel

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hve a biocube 16 led that has some coral and my four stripe damsel in it. He’s my only fish in that tank and I got it specifically for him. Can I put a skunk cleaner in there it will he try to eat it? He’s not agressive like a normal damsel. I moved him because he co-hosted a burrow with my 18” engineer goby who recently passed and the little dude didn’t know what to do.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a couple of hiding places for the shrimp I would say it’s safe to try. You could even try a couple if you have the caves for them.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt I could do more than one in a tank this size. Do they pick at corals?

if you have the caves for them no reason why not.

They will pick around them but shouldn’t eat them, spot feed them so they are well fed, with just one fish in there they will not find enough food themselves, I feed mine daily with octopus, squid etc

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have the caves for them no reason why not.

They will pick around them but shouldn’t eat them, spot feed them so they are well fed, with just one fish in there they will not find enough food themselves, I feed mine daily with octopus, squid etc
I don’t really have caves, I have like a big spiral shape kinda. I guess they could find places to hide. My damse sleeps in the biggest “cave” area I have between my rock.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really have caves, I have like a big spiral shape kinda. I guess they could find places to hide. My damse sleeps in the biggest “cave” area I have between my rock.

yeah as long as they can hang out away from the fish area it should be fine, mine doesn’t have a cave as such but hangs out on a rock, the clowns even allow it into their own area which is surprising for clowns, it was once scared of them but they all get along now.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also shrimp molt their shell every few weeks, they like to do this in the dark so best keep the tank dark at night, and another reason for it to have its own area as it will feel unprotected until it’s new shell hardens.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back