Cleaner shrimp with 4 stripe damsel

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hve a biocube 16 led that has some coral and my four stripe damsel in it. He’s my only fish in that tank and I got it specifically for him. Can I put a skunk cleaner in there it will he try to eat it? He’s not agressive like a normal damsel. I moved him because he co-hosted a burrow with my 18” engineer goby who recently passed and the little dude didn’t know what to do.
 
If a couple of hiding places for the shrimp I would say it’s safe to try. You could even try a couple if you have the caves for them.
 
I doubt I could do more than one in a tank this size. Do they pick at corals?

if you have the caves for them no reason why not.

They will pick around them but shouldn’t eat them, spot feed them so they are well fed, with just one fish in there they will not find enough food themselves, I feed mine daily with octopus, squid etc
 
if you have the caves for them no reason why not.

They will pick around them but shouldn’t eat them, spot feed them so they are well fed, with just one fish in there they will not find enough food themselves, I feed mine daily with octopus, squid etc
I don’t really have caves, I have like a big spiral shape kinda. I guess they could find places to hide. My damse sleeps in the biggest “cave” area I have between my rock.
 
I don’t really have caves, I have like a big spiral shape kinda. I guess they could find places to hide. My damse sleeps in the biggest “cave” area I have between my rock.

yeah as long as they can hang out away from the fish area it should be fine, mine doesn’t have a cave as such but hangs out on a rock, the clowns even allow it into their own area which is surprising for clowns, it was once scared of them but they all get along now.
 
Also shrimp molt their shell every few weeks, they like to do this in the dark so best keep the tank dark at night, and another reason for it to have its own area as it will feel unprotected until it’s new shell hardens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new