Cleaner Wrasse Laying on Bottom

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think cleaner wrasses bury in the sand ..... AFAIK they find a nook in the rocks to sleep. Prob died in/under a rock.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a difficult genus, unfortunately. Many just don’t do well in captivity for whatever reason. Sure some people have kept them for years, maybe even a decade or more, but your odds with this genus aren’t as good as they’ll be with some other genuses of wrasses. Wrasses as a whole are more hardy than not, but Labroides sp. are significantly more challenging. If anything LFS should stop importing them due to their high mortality rates and also because they play an important role on the reef.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a difficult genus, unfortunately. Many just don’t do well in captivity for whatever reason. Sure some people have kept them for years, maybe even a decade or more, but your odds with this genus aren’t as good as they’ll be with some other genuses of wrasses. Wrasses as a whole are more hardy than not, but Labroides sp. are significantly more challenging. If anything LFS should stop importing them due to their high mortality rates and also because they play an important role on the reef.
ORA appears to be breeding them now. From my experience with other captive bred fish - the ORA are probably a drastically better choice than wild.

OP
OP
Agsellers04

Agsellers04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I found him tucked between my power strip and the window on the sill just now stiff as a board. FIrst time I have ever had a fish navigate out of my tank.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well..at least you found him,most likely was being picked on :(

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back