• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Cleaner Wrasse Laying on Bottom

https://www.omegasea.net/

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Don’t think cleaner wrasses bury in the sand ..... AFAIK they find a nook in the rocks to sleep. Prob died in/under a rock.

Zionas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
This is a difficult genus, unfortunately. Many just don’t do well in captivity for whatever reason. Sure some people have kept them for years, maybe even a decade or more, but your odds with this genus aren’t as good as they’ll be with some other genuses of wrasses. Wrasses as a whole are more hardy than not, but Labroides sp. are significantly more challenging. If anything LFS should stop importing them due to their high mortality rates and also because they play an important role on the reef.

92Miata

View Badges
Reaction score
This is a difficult genus, unfortunately. Many just don’t do well in captivity for whatever reason. Sure some people have kept them for years, maybe even a decade or more, but your odds with this genus aren’t as good as they’ll be with some other genuses of wrasses. Wrasses as a whole are more hardy than not, but Labroides sp. are significantly more challenging. If anything LFS should stop importing them due to their high mortality rates and also because they play an important role on the reef.
ORA appears to be breeding them now. From my experience with other captive bred fish - the ORA are probably a drastically better choice than wild.

Fragtacular Sale
OP
Agsellers04

Agsellers04

View Badges
Reaction score
Well I found him tucked between my power strip and the window on the sill just now stiff as a board. FIrst time I have ever had a fish navigate out of my tank.

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 242 42.3%
  • Every Month

Votes: 32 5.6%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 69 12.1%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 82 14.3%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 60 10.5%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 29 5.1%