Cleaning 5G storage container that has algae stains?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slammed01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slammed01

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
344
Reaction score
41
Location
Brentwood, Ca {NorCal}
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some algae in my 5g rectangular container that my last sells. I soaked with diluted vinegar with no dice.
4c7d602475e1ac85b4e32ce7110b6c31.jpg
 
I was going to suggest vinegar. Maybe a stronger solution with some scrubbing? 1:1 or full strength. Lay the container down and soak each side individually. I pick up gallon jugs of vinegar for $3 or so.

Bleach solution followed by scrubbing and a cold water rinse, then a soak with dechlorinator.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new