Cleaning bone cutters

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kschweer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
12,211
Reaction score
29,293
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been a bit lazy lately with cleaning my bone cutters with rodi after use and they are starting to rust a bit and not function as well as they should (don't open and shut easily). What do you guys do to clean and possibly lubricate your bone cutters? I was thinking about taking them apart and cleaning them really well with a toothbrush and some vinegar, then lightly "greasing" them with some vegetable oil. What do you guys think?

Also maybe share some tips on how you keep your fragging tools in top working order. Thanks in advance

-Kevin
 
Vinegar soak.
Then rinse under warm water and open/close until they move freely.
Dry and store.

Rinsing under tap water after use will help prevent this.
 
After cleaning I spray mine with vegetable oil and wipe off any excess.
 
As with any tool, maintenance extends its life. That being said, I buy a lot of tools!! Lol!
 
I use WD-40. Works well and I've not seen any ill effects. I heard WD-40 has another formula in the EU than in the US though. Not sure if both are safe, I use the EU one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new