Cleaning Live rock

leighton.bingham

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Messages
310
Reaction score
190
Location
Lewisberry, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I decided to take all my LR out of my tank and scrub it would it hurt anything? The reason I ask is because id like to re-scape my rock and I need to do like a 20 gallon WC also.
 
It would be better if you scrubbed it in a bucket with saltwater, rather than open air. But even in open air is fine for a few minutes, I've taken rocks out and put them on the ground on a towel for a few minutes. But in a bucket you have no time limit. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
 
If I decided to take all my LR out of my tank and scrub it would it hurt anything? The reason I ask is because id like to re-scape my rock and I need to do like a 20 gallon WC also.
Scrub them in the discard tank water bucket, bin, tub, pale or whatever it is u use. Once scrubbed add back to the DT. Rinse wash repeat.
 
It would be better if you scrubbed it in a bucket with saltwater, rather than open air. But even in open air is fine for a few minutes, I've taken rocks out and put them on the ground on a towel for a few minutes. But in a bucket you have no time limit. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
You understood very correctly.
 
If I decided to take all my LR out of my tank and scrub it would it hurt anything? The reason I ask is because id like to re-scape my rock and I need to do like a 20 gallon WC also.
You’ll definitely disturb what life is growing on it now and what grows back might not be the same. I can’t say this is good or bad though. I have not come across any posts of this resulting in a problem.
 
You’ll definitely disturb what life is growing on it now and what grows back might not be the same. I can’t say this is good or bad though. I have not come across any posts of this resulting in a problem.
Thank you! I’ll make sure to scrub it in the disgared water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new