Cleaning RO/DI canisters

advanwoerden

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Location
New York City
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m swapping out my RO/DI filters and noticed the inside of the canisters were very dirty. Seems like carbon residue + dirt. Should I clean them and with what? I tried wiping them off with a paper towel but didn’t really work. Admittedly it’s been a few years since I swapped the filters, definitely too long.

FC87E9A8-0A0B-4BBD-8696-23EA668E29C7.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new